Friday 22 April 2011

Paper butterfly design

I deciede to use paper butterfly again in my secong illustration. Inspired by the images of butterflies with broken wings,instead of being negative, I came up with a new idea which is to repair their broken wings in order to represent the message of " self-recovery " and " be positive ".
I started experimenting with paper again as I want to use paper butterflies in both two illustrations. Similar to the first paper butterfly design, I drew the figure on paper and cut it out, pasting its body and wings together by using double-side tap. After that I tore its left wing in pieces and mend them back by sewing.  There are many ways of repairing the broken wings, the reason I chose sewing is people can imagine the pain when they look at the pinholes, and it helps to show that the character (butterfly) is hard struggle to recover and fly back to the sky. I am satisfied with the effect when it came out and I think it is very appropriate for the title of the song “Let’s start from here”.




No comments:

Post a Comment